.

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

The Judges Are Out

Well, yesterday (as I was leaving work early) I decided I couldn't take this anymore. Erich seems to be fine with me being jobless in about four months. And this is what I really want to do. I want to stay home and take care of my baby and clean my house and be with my doggies (one of which, Gracy, gets closer to death every day I believe). I want to go and help Teresa out during the day and hang out with her because I miss her and two sets of hands works TONS better with four babies (her triplets plus mine.) It's just that me being jobless scares the living crap out of me. The thought that I won't be contributing. The thought that even though things are tight now, they will be even tighter. I know I don't have to worry about clothes and such for baby. My mom and my in-laws will be over joyed and throwing me clothes. (hopefully) and I'm thankful for people like Rachel who give me stuff. (As a side note, she really rules. I really should drop her an email and see how she is doing.)

I think I'll miss my job. I know that I used to whine a lot about it, but I find myself actually missing the drama. Right now I really need human interaction, like you would never believe. And I really just don't get that here in the library. I am a person who needs to be occupied . I'm sure I won't be bored when baby arrives because she'll keep me busy and occupied and when she naps there will be meals to prepare and diapers to wash, etc etc etc. I think going back to surgery at this point will help the last part of this pregnancy past faster in a more entertaining way. And I think I'll feel better at that point leaving my job having spent time with my co workers (and pocketing some more cash, since I can't leave early as much up there!)

So as I was saying, on my way out of work yesterday I called the OB office and asked that my lifting restriction be lifted to save me from dying of boredom and loneliness. The nurse said she wasn't sure if the doctor would actually be thrilled with that idea, but I think I presented a strong case and I said I wanted to go back. I think she'll let me knowing that I am making this decision of my own free will.

I haven't heard back from the FMLA people yet. I need to call that lady. With FMLA status, if I'm back in surgery I'll be able to take a sick day (even though I don't have any left) in case I'm not feeling well. And it will also cover doctor appointments.

The PTO book also came around to me. Most people took their vacations in June and July. Not me. Knowing that I won't be here in the summer, I thought that was pointless. So knowing that babies in my family don't come early and that I plan to work right up until the end (without taking maternity leave as I would have to pay it all back when I didn't return to work) I took my vacation the last week of January and the first week of February. Baby has until February 14 to come out (though God please don't do that to me, however sweet a Valentine baby would be). I figure if she hasn't come out by the first week of February, I'll return to work and the extra walking and such will just give her a bit more shove to come out. :) Also that two week vacation will also give me time for last minute preparations and some relaxation. So does that sound like a plan?

In webpage news, I haven't heard back from Blogspeak saying it is okay to put comments back up. I'll go check on that now.

Oh and wish me luck that the doctor calls this afternoon and says it is alright to go back to work today. I really want this! (And if she calls before 4 I can go to Associate Health, get cleared, and be in my department with Melissa this afternoon until five! **which means we will head to that ultrasound machine!**)

No comments: