.

Sunday, January 19, 2003

Does everybody run errands on the weekend like we do? We spent the day at WalMart, Lowe's, and Menards. Home improvement is it's own little addiction. There should be support groups for it. Once you start, you can't stop. One thing leads to another and another and another. You walk into Lowe's and get sucked in by the cool little gadgets and organization that only Sims People live. I know my life is never as organized as it could be.

We bought a new thermostat for the house. It's pretty neat because it adjusts the temperature to the time of day. So it turns the heat down at night when we are asleep and during the day when we are gone. My husband never ceases to amaze me either. We are in Menards and I see this thermostat (that we had talked about the other day) marked down in price. So I say, " do you think you could install this?" And of course he answers, "oh yeah! definitely. I can do that!" And in the back of my mind, (girls you all know this) I think " can he really do it?" Sure enough an hour after he starts, it's mounted and connected. I sit and program it, wondering if it will work, and I hit the pretty button labeled RUN PROGRAM, and the heater kicks on! :) He's amazing! Good thing I married him! ;)

More unpacking tomorrow, but first it is time for sleep. Sleep is the greatest thing God invented...

No comments: