.

Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Today has just been awful. :*( Last night we had just climbed into bed when we heard someone pounding on the front door. So, like normal, sane people, we get a bit freaked out because who knocks on the door at 11 o'clock when all the lights are out, right? We worry. There is a man at the front door, says he just got off of work from around the corner, and he just watched this woman hit our truck!!! So we throw on shoes grab our coats and run out there (we park along the street-- no garage or driveway--extremely small town w/ pop. at about 10,000). Sure enough some dumb ***** lady (sorry I'm angry) hit our truck. The tail light is smashed the driver side panel is dented and crunched. But the story gets even better. She took off. That's right folks, a hit and run. So now I'm more upset when Mr. Good Samaritan tells me he got the license plate number and called the cops. AND that the cops had just dug this chick out of a snow drift down the street. Mr. G. Samaritan had watched while waiting for his wife to pick him up from work. So about this time the police car pulls up. (we live about a block away from the police station/fire station, a fact that calms my soul) He says he knows who hit it and they are looking for her and running her plates. :/ So when he left us he was going to her house where they had called her and she was there and had admitted to being in accident. SO WHY THE HECK DID YOU FLEE THE SCENE? Mr. Good Samaritan says that by the way he was driving she looked drunk. Mr. Police Man says that when digging her out of the snow drift she had seemed nervous but didn't notice physical drunkeness but that she had gotten in the car and sped off in a hurry. urggh...

This morning we got up and went to get estimates for repair. They are quoting about $2000. She better have insurance cause if not I'm taking her butt to court. No doubt about it. I don't have the $$$ to fix it myself or pay my deductible and have my insurance go up. Nor do we deserve to have to drive a truck around that's been smashed. She also lost her mirror in the accident. I told the guy at the body shop (who is a close friend of the family) that if a grey Monte Carlo comes in for work and she is missing her passenger side mirror, that I've got it and I'm looking for her!!! Where ever you are Ms. I-drive-a-stinking-Monte-Carlo-and-I-was-drunk-and-hit-poor-suzanne's-husbands-truck-and-took-off-like-a-dumbass I'm looking for you! You have to fix my truck! **anger!**

No comments: