.

Friday, February 28, 2003

Yesterday was awful. I hate that people see me as not being as intelligent as they are just because I hold a job below them. Do they not realize that I am working towards a degree? Do they not realize that not only did I graduate high school, but that I went to a very sophisticated private school. I went to DePauw University. It is ranked in the top 50 schools in America. Only the best of the best survive. I have also been a nurse aide since I was 16. I know my way around. I have been very good at learning this job. I always listen and observe in an effort to learn. I have taken classes to learn about aseptic technique, positioning the patient for surgery, and prepping the surgical site. I am efficient in and outside the OR. A lot of times, I know how to find different things and tools in the OR that even the nurse doesn't know. So why do you treat me badly? Why don't you recognize that I am a human being, an adult, someone who understands English? In fact, I'm bilingual! I'm an important tool that makes your job all the easier. Yet you spit on me. You insult me by explaining things to me as if I were a child. And it hurts! I would rather you talk to me as if I understood everything you understand and allow me to ask when I feel l don't know. I'll write a more cheerful blog later...

No comments: