.

Thursday, April 10, 2003

There's no place like home **tap, tap, tap** There's no place like home **tap, tap, tap**....

I want to go home! Work is becoming more boring by the minute. I hate this shift. I don't really giving a flying crap if everybody had to work this shift when they started. It absolutely sucks. Dan had a heart attack which means I may move up to his 7 to 1500 shift while he is away which could be a good thing (obviously not him having a heart attack but me going to days). Maybe once I get there they will see how they don't need me till 1900 and let me work 9a to 5p like I've been begging to. Or maybe they would let me work 10 hour shifts 9a to 1900 and let me have a day of rest. I get nothing done on this shift.

I have so much stuff I want to do at home. I want to work on my sofa covers. Did I tell you that my grandma gave me the old couch my mother had? I put it in the basement in the family room. I want to slipcover that and the sofa in the formal living room. I want to make the blinds with cloth tapes on them for the master bedroom and curtains for the formal living room. I want the blinds in the living room replaced also. I WANT TO GET PREGNANT SO I CAN DECORATE THE SPARE BEDROOM! Obviously the baby would be with us for a long time in our room but he will eventually need a room of his own.

I want it to be warm so I can go out and work in the flower beds and on my pond with the waterfall. I want to put window boxes up outside on the windows that face the deck. I want to paint the picnic table my stepdad gave us.

I want even go into the redecorating I want to do in the kitchen. Sheesh! :) It's time to take the house I grew up in and make it the house I create a home in for my family.

And damnit, I can't do that while I am here at work! I'm going back now to bust my butt and get out of here early! Besides having a few errands to run, it's Thursday. And we all know what that means! PRIME TIME TV!

No comments: