.

Monday, June 30, 2003

Work is extremely boring right now. I've been sitting here fora good two hours doing nothing. Well I've been surfing blogs which is fun but I want time to fly and not creep. Maybe after 12 I'll ask to go home, since that is considered a full day (leaving before four hours or half of your shift is an occurence). I've been working on the baby blankets and m mom was right (something you'll not hear me say often), it has calmed me down a bit. So I'm going to start baby blankets for those I like. :) I just need to sew up the open end of mine and put the yarn ties in it. I need a steel yarn needle though. I started another one and have it completely sewed, it just needs yarn ties, I'll do that tonight. It is for Erich's friend Jason and his wife Krista. I hope it will be a sort of peace offering. She is due in November and HATES me. I won't go into but she hates me for reasons that are none of her business and pertain to my dating Erich and such before we were married. Anyways maybe this peace offering will build a bridge so that Erich and Jason can hang out more regularly. And our kids will be close in age so it would be nice to have playdates and such.

I also need to start Melissa's blanket. She is due any day now with a c-section scheduled on July 18. She is a girl from work and I haven't had the cash to buy her an appropriate gift. I think this will be more personable.

I also want to make blankets for Shana and Rachel. I obviously need to start Rachels next. I'll email her after a bit to see if she has color preferences and such. :) I have a while for Shana's. ;)

I was given a great book but for the love of God I can't remember the name. It's fairly easy reading and goes pretty fast. I think Dawn would enjoy it immensely. I need to email her the name of it.

By the way, my grandmother came over and finally got the old model 15 singer sewing machine to work. She sat right down and said she had one just like that when she was a kid. Showed me the mechanics of that particular bobbin and got it working. Amazing. She said she has been sewing since age 4!

No comments: