.

Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Well, I'm alive. I ignored my pain on Monday and went about the day. Tuesday morning I started incontrollably vomiting, not morning sickness vomiting, bad bad bad vomiting. They told me to go straight to the ER because I may have a kidney stone. I was pretty freaked out, went to the ER. No UTI, no infection. THey can't find my ovaries (since my uterus has pushed them up to far laterally) so they don't think there is a cyst. They couldn't see the appendix with the ultrasound machine, but I don't have a surgical belly. I'm still tender and my side still hurts. I haven't eaten anything that has stayed down since Monday night. yuck. I got a small amount of broth down yesterday but not much. When we left the hospital, with a little nausea medicine on board and some for pain, my mom took me to eat. I had a bit of salad, puked, felt SO much better, ate more. On the way home, puked. heh. So that is where I am right now. I have to call the doctor and "follow up" with her. I was going to wait until Thursday for my regular appointment, but I still haven't eaten anything and my appetite is no where to be found and I don't consider this good considering I'm pregnant. I am determined to go on my vacation this weekend though, I need a break!

On the plus side of the trip to the ER, we saw Baby. I sent Erich to work (no use in waiting all day 9am until 5pm where he could do nothing) my mom came with me. This was the first time seeing the heartbeat, hearing the heartbeat, and seeing her first grandbaby. She cried and he waved at her. While we were watching him and trying to get a good picture he did a giant flip in there which was very awesome. My mom kept saying, " Oh wow, I can see him! Oh look that's a good shot, oh oh oh wow! hi baby!" Can you tell this is her first grandbaby? The technician even printed her off her own picture. She says she was taking it straight home to the fridge! My stepbrother and stepsister will probably think it's weird, or cool. Who knows? But it was the highlight of my day (and hers too I think). I was glad she got to see him, and see all the fuss. And it is great to have a picture that looks like a baby. Erich likes that. :) Wow, this is really happening.

No comments: