.

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

So much to tell! Well, my mom came over last night with a gift. **grin** She is so funny! :) I didn't tell her about the fall until after my appt yesterday because I didn't want her to freak out. She is also not fond of my doggies as of late. She constantly yells at Ella when she is over because Ella is always underneath my feet. So I carefully left out the detail that I tripped over Gracy. :) The first thing she said when she walked in the door is, What dog did you trip on? I said I didn't trip on a dog mom. She said I bet you did and your stepfather thinks you did too, so tell me so I can kill the guilty one. Heh. She's a quite to-the-point person, though she would NEVER kill a dog. Okay?

I talked with Erichs grandma and aunt last night (this aunt is in direct care of grandma and is her POA). She is doing fine. My MIL really freaked me out yesterday. She had her facts confused. So here is the run down. Grandma has been in kidney failure for years. About 30 minutes into her dialysis treatment yesterday she told the nurse that she felt funny and that something was wrong, the nurse asked what? and grandma passed out. She did stop breathing but as far as I know her heart did not stop. They took her to the nearest hospital and stablized her, then sent her on to a bigger hospital in Kansas City,MO. The diagnosis seems to be that she is in Congestive Heart Failure. She has a lot of fluid on her so they will be taking her to dialysis daily for a while. Hopefully that will help a lot and they will figure out a plan of treatment. I spoke with her on the phone and she seems to be in good spirits and doing well.

I am definitely feeling baby move. Last night I layed down on the bed to stretch and rolled on to my tummy for just a few to stretch. I felt a definite "thump thump thump." E said that baby is in there hollering "get off of me Mommy!" heh.

I still feel like there is tons of stuff to do around the house but I'm limited in what I can do. :( I can no longer carry clean laundry from the basement to the second floor bedrooms. I have to wait for E to do it. I am also supposed to avoid the stairs and especially avoid carrying things up and down, i.e. vacuum cleaner, etc. I did however get a lot of laundry done and folded and ready to be carried upstairs. It amazes me that one person (E) can generate SO MUCH stinking laundry. I swear I do more of his laundry then my own! I also steam cleaned the upstairs carpet like I have been meaning to do for oh about a month. :)

My FMLA request was denied. GMAC sent us money though which was a blessing from God. I was able to pay off a ton of stuff and get things off of my chest. yippee. The lady that offered me a nanny position will interview with the possible job on Thursday. Lets all keep our fingers crossed. :)

Rachel received her care package in the mail yesterday and I think she liked it. :) I made her a baby blanket, sent her some genuine homegrown Indiana Sweet Corn, 2 kiddie books, and 1 mommy book. :)

No comments: