.

Monday, September 15, 2003

Did you smell that?

Okay I'm back to the perfume issue. Remember how I have a problem with my coworker, lets call her Royalpaininmyass. Well, today Royalpaininmyass is wearing enough perfume that I am sitting at least 25 feet away from her and can still smell her reek. On Friday, Royalpaininmyass didn't show up for work. She works 10-2 (tough, huh?) and called in at 2 to say she was taking a PTO day. Since we are both down here in the library on limited duty I had half a mind to call our regular department (surgery) acting all concerned to see if she had called in. "Oh hi Lynn. I was just wondering if Royalpaininmyass had called in? Well, you know she is supposed to be in at 10am and it's like 1:30 now and she isn't here and hasn't called. We are concerned, did she call you?" Then I'd hang up and laugh cause I'm evil like that (really I'm not evil,just I loathe this chick.) Her day consists of this:

10:15am finally show up
10:17am call her mom and yell in RUSSIAN AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRIGGIN' LIBRARY
10:45am go to Mail Room (five minutes away)
11:10am come back from Mail Room
11:15am print off 75 page short stories from computer
11:30 decides its time for lunch (uhm, do you get lunch when you work four hours? or is it supposed to be something like 15 minute break?)
12:45 come back from lunch (right.)
1:00 check email, call boyfriend, piss around
1:45 time to go home.

(every other day call in.)

Do you see why Royalpaininmyass drives me nuts? The only work related thing she does is go to the Mail Room. I shelve books, look for articles, copy, run errands, ship out articles to other libraries. Hmph.

**I did see her evaluation. It isn't my fault, she left it on the desk. I got a 4 out of 5. She got a 2.5 out of 5. Oops.**

Anywho. I'll leave her alone. I won't even go into how she wants to stay home from work and let her boyfriend-husband person be teh sole provider (he works as a waiter at a restaurant, steady income huh?) and how she would quit her benefits paid job to stay with baby. Oh insurance? They would just apply for medicaid and WIC. I have no problem with these programs. I know ladies on them only because they HAVE to be and are looking for jobs etc etc etc. She wants to make this as a choice. The mind just boggles.

No comments: