.

Monday, October 06, 2003

My girls

I had my 6th month appointment today. Wow. Where does the time go? I'll have a belly picture later on today, Erich took the camera with him. One more 4 week appointment then we go to two week appt. :)

I measured right on target and I have gained 3lbs since my last appointment. A total of 6lbs has been gained this pregnancy! :) She told me she wanted me to gain 4lbs, but she could live with 3. Baby sounds great, 148 bpm heartrate. I will have to do the GTT :( at 28 weeks and be checked for anemia, but I can live with that. She says my blood sugars look awesome. :)

WARNING! THIS NEXT PART QUALIFIES AS TO MUCH INFORMATION.

I woke up the other day to discover that "my girls" work. My poor breasts are leaking. Which this "milestone" would explain the many breastfeeding dreams I have had lately. It kinda makes me giddy, because I was worried that for some reason "they" wouldn't work, but they do. So I'm a bit relieved, though I still don't know why I was worried. Erich thinks its gross and I think he'll be staying away from them for a while. heh.


I had a dream last night or the night before that I had boy and girl twins. I think my subconscious wants to know what this baby is! :) Maybe Wednesday we'll be slow at work and Mel and I can look.

Surgery is as exciting as ever. I love being back at work with the humdrum. It really wears me out though, but I sleep better at night. It's a lot harder to tote the two of us around that place instead of just me. I think it was the right decision and it fulfilled some much needed companionship. I've had a lot of laughs. Melvin keeps coming into the storeroom and sees me picking cases and yells out stuff like "Suzanne is back! :) " Everybody is laughing and says it's like I never left, but they said they all missed me. :) That makes me feel special.

I do have the day off today. I have pot roast, potatoes, and carrots in the crock pot. The house is starting to smell really good. It should be ready when my mom comes for dinner. I'm also going to make green bean casserole and corn casserole for the rest of the week. And I may also make some sloppy joe mix for Erich to make sandwiches at night with. Thats about it.

I'll try and blog more. Since I'm back to my old shift (11a to 6:50p) it'll take some time to get adjusted again. I promise to try and get blogging back into my schedule so I do it daily. I am keeping up with everyone else though. :)

No comments: