.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Aunt Jemima

I made the pancakes this morning from scratch. They were a bit too sweet so I’ll either try a different recipe or cut down on the sugar this other recipe called for. We have batter left so we’ll being having sweet cakes in the morning. Heh. We also fried some potatoes. I had Erich cut the potatoes while I was making pancakes and he only cut up one potato. I am longing for another fried potato. I think that is what I will make for dinner when I get home tonight. Yum. Other than that, I’m very proud of myself of not buying a mix to make pancakes. Erich says he wants buttermilk pancakes so maybe when I do grocery shopping this weekend I’ll pick up some buttermilk. My mom left here last night saying I was crazy for getting up before work to make a big breakfast. I really enjoy it though. I enjoy making things from scratch. I enjoy the money we are saving, hehe. It makes me feel as though we are starting our morning off “on the right foot.” And if we can keep it up, I’ll enjoy making breakfast for our babies in the mornings and sending them to school with a full meal in their stomachs, not just cold cereal. Since my mom always worked evenings, she was too tired in the mornings to do that for me. She’s an excellent cook but getting up at the crack of dawn to make huge meals isn’t her forte. Though I don’t hold it against her because when my dad died she was forced to work three jobs. She was tired. I just want something different for our children. I think I’ll enjoy staying home and being there when they come home from school. I’ll enjoy sitting down as a family to eat dinner. It’s the small things that I’m looking forward to. Okay I have to shower and get to work now. I realized that I have no more than 8 weeks left working. Wow.

No comments: