.

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Conclusions

Okay I really don't know how to approach that "big" entry I did a few days ago. I don't usually like to open cans of worms but I know that was a mighty big can. I don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt because I was CERTAINLY NOT lecturing or intentionally trying to hurt someones feelings. I was NOT bad mouthing formula. I was stating that I personally would never use formula unless God forbid something awful happened when she born, unforeseen circumstances, yada yada yada yada. In addition to the many benefits of bf'ing, a major reason we are doing it is because formula is so costly. Sometimes I am amazed we are able to feed ourselves yet alone add formula to the mix, our grocery bill would sky rocket. Being able to breastfeed for a while exclusively, allows us to have this bundle of joy and save for when we do have to put table food into her mouth.

But anywho, as I was cruising through blogs, I came across some writing from Anathea and she pretty much summed up what I was thinking. So I'm going to copy and paste and I'm GIVING HER CREDIT FOR HER WORDS!!!!! :)

" Breastfeeding. Now, we know that it's 'best'. I'm a big strong advocate of the breastfeed. I'm not however a breastfeeding nazi, so if you're not breastfeeding, that's alright with me. I understand that there are countless situations, be it choice or necessity, that cause a woman not to breastfeed." -Anathea

I would classify myself as a Breastfeeding Nazi in my mind because I think it's so awesome BUT I won't lecture, because I HATE being lectured and spoken to like a child.

I'm completely wiped out. SO tired. I'm getting ready to add Erich as a qualified "poster" so you will know when Baby Girl makes her debut in this world. If he'll actually come home and post it, that's beyond me. I probably won't give him a the password and username until we have her though. ;) I'll make sure to give myself a note to remind him though. After that I'm hitting the couch with my book and waiting for my Prince Charming --- then straight to bed. It's exhausting making babies.

No comments: