.

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Postpartum Checkup

So my checkup was last Thursday. Magdalena and I got all dressed up and headed out the door for my 9:50am appt. We arrived at 9:45am so we could get settled and be punctual young ladies. ;) At 10:20am, they called us back. By 10:22am I was naked sitting on the table. The whole time I was thinking, "Magdalena is going to wake up and want to be fed right.now. and here I am sitting on this table with the flimsy little paper sheet. I'll get up and as soon as my bare ass is exposed, the doctor is going to walk through the door. I just know it." Well that didn't happen. My little angel slept the whole time! And I was only naked sitting on the table by myself for FIFTEEN MINUTES! Anyways, the doctor came in, did a pap (last repetitive one since the abnormal one last year! woot!), declared me "back to normal" and told me not to get pregnant for at least 6 months. heh. She prescribed the minipill, which while I breastfeed exclusively, I'm not worried about goofing up. But seriously, when M starts eating solids, watch I'll get pregnant. How can you not take that pill the wrong way? Everything and anything seems to affect its "performance." Anyways, we talked about the next time, if I'd have a repeat section. And the answer is yes. M was a very normal size baby in a perfect presentation with a perfect labor and she just didn't fit. She kinda implied she just wouldn't try a normal labor with me because of the risks. But really, I'm okay with that. I suffered infertility. I conceived a child and carried her to full term. I am breastfeeding very successfully. If future babies can't get out the "normal" way, why should I complain? I can have babies right? That's all that matters. Okay, off to run some errands then come home and do some HEAVY DUTY CLEANING.

No comments: