.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Hot and Moldy

It's been terribly hot around here.  And a storm ripped through last night that really actually scared me.  I was at Alicia's house at the time and her husband gets "excited" about storms since the tornados that went through there a few weeks back.  Her power went out 3 or 4 times in a matter of 10 minutes or so, so it was a bit scary.  Another storm is about to rip through here any minute.

We have the window air conditioners running, but it seems like they are constantly trying to keep up.  I'm sure I'll have mild heart attack when the electric bill comes.  And the bread I made at the end of last week went moldy early because of the humidity.  Oh well, I need to make corn tortilla chips for the salsa still left in the fridge, flour tortillas, and corn tortillas (since I'll use up the reserve making chips!), so I'll just add bread to the list.  I found a recipe for dog biscuits (I know you are laughing at me now!) and I'd like to try that and see how that goes over with Ella and Gracy.  It would be really nice to make them considering buying them is so expensive. 

Okay, I'm going to turn off the computer since the storm is almost here.  I'm going to try and get to Nana's while it's still dry with Magdalena.  I find I prefer these storms with others because of Magdalena.  :)  Adios!

No comments: