.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Update

Wow, where does time go? Every time I approach the computer Magdalena decides she wants to wake up/nurse/me to play with her... The list grows. I've been writing down things that I'd like to update you on when I sit down to read my favorites quickly. Magdalena was playing happily with her keyboard but that has ended. ---- There now she's nursing. We rearranged some furniture and made ourselves an L shaped computer table which has made it a little easier to nurse an ever growing baby. So here goes with the list (and it's long folks...)

  • Magdalena has the stomach flu. I called the doctor only to see if it was okay to give her some Pedialyte. I figured she was fine and has the runs considering that she was happy and wet (eyes, nose, mouth, bottom.) The triage nurse made it sound like I was awful for not wanting to bring her in since "little babies get bad fast." SO I felt like bad mother of the year and took her in. She needed the second dose of prevnar anyways so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone. (I'm not paying that copay to often. And January 1st our copay goes from $10 to $20. Ouch.) Magdalena weighs 17lbs 3oz. (3oz of diaper) So I'm not thinking she is going to make my prediction of 18lbs. We saw the doctor on call and I DO NOT like her. She quizzed me trying to find something "that I'm doing wrong." (her words) When she couldn't find anything ie am I giving her cows milk (yeah through my milk. heh) she started to hassle me about giving her vitamins. Grr. She doesn't need vitamins. My milk is perfect for her and she's been drinking city water and gets exposed to sunlight. The lady drove me nuts. Oh well.

  • Magdalena can now climb an entire flight of stairs without trying to sit down or losing her balance. We've caught her standing on her own and can walk along things with one hand now. She does the "indian call" and she also claps Patty Cake. (She claps and says Pa Pa Baby Pa Pa Baby. Very cute) She also likes to crawl over the tub and stand up and say "Baa Baa!" It's amazing the things she picks up on a daily basis. She's a little sponge.

  • Chris has become a blog I check frequently. I really like her, she's funny, and she's about to have a baby! So if you haven't discovered this wonderful woman, please do so.

  • Magdalena is cutting teeth like crazy. I've discovered the teeth numbers 7 and 8 have appeared and I can see the white nubs of numbers 9, 10, 11, and 12. Wowee. Poor baby.

  • Erich continues his job search. He has a job now, but since completing his degree he is working on finding a better job. He is currently in a situation where he really has no room to grow. He is applying internally for different branches and is really just looking everywhere. He is look at even relocating though hasn't looked on the East Coast (where some of my favorite blogger gals live. hrmph.) He's looking at Cincy, Chicago, and St. Louis but honestly I'd like to stay around here. I like being close to my Mom. I'm hoping he finds something around here. I don't mind moving to Illinois or Ohio but I DON'T want to move to Missouri.

  • I'm thinking about Magdalena's Birthday Party. We are having a princess party because she is a princess, remember? More details to follow once I get there. I should start thinking about it but honestly I'm trying to get through the holidays.
Okay, I need to update about BB#2 but I need to nurse Magdalena to sleep. I'm going to update the BB#2 stuff in two minutes. Promise.

No comments: