.

Friday, February 27, 2004

5 weeks 2 days

Two entries in one day? Could this be? Maybe three, I have to write about my postpartum checkup. But this is about Magdalena! She's over five weeks old! I can't believe it. She is growing quickly. Pretty soon we'll have a toddler with dark brown pigtails toddling around in here. She is definitely smiling with meaning now. Today she let me put her in the Maya Sling facing me, tummy to tummy, and enjoyed it. She sleeps wonderfully, eats like a champ, and is still a joy. :) Erich comes home everyday and says he can see her getting bigger. I hear him talking to her when he holds her or changes her diaper saying, " I didn't say you could get bigger. Please stay small Magdalena!" Everyone is in love with her it seems. Erich and I have decided that since she turned out so well, that we owe it to the human population to produce an equally, overwhelmingly cute little baby. (Hopefully a boy for his sake!) So maybe next year, around Christmas time, we'll start working on that. **shrugs** It seems weird to talk about another one, and Christmas seems really soon, but Xmas will roll around and it may take a few months and by the time Baby #2 comes around Magdalena would be 2 years old! Isn't that wild? It also all depends on her nursing and my body and everything but wow. Anyways, she is an absolute joy! And we are definitely treasuring every single moment of this!

No comments: