.

Monday, August 18, 2003

It's 11:36. Let's see how long it takes me to write this. Unfortunately it is only 11:36 and that depresses me. Why can't the day go by faster? So here is a run down of my weekend. Saturday we went to lunch at the Olive Garden with the $25 dollar gift certificate the in-laws gave us for our anniversary. It was yummy. :) I absolutely adore the Olive Garden. Saturday evening Erichs best friend Derek and his wife, Shannon, came over. They had a German foreign exchange student ,that had been Shannons freshman roomate, and her boyfriend with them. The students wanted to be by themselves. ha. Anyways, we made hamburgers on the grill and corn on the cob and watched the movie
Phonebooth
a good movie.

Sunday I slept in until about 10:30am and then showered and started making lunch for the in-laws. We had steak on the grill, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. (we had a ton of corn from my mom's garden, can you tell?) They brought the diaper changing table that my father in law built when their first was on the way. Erich and I are in the process of fixing it (it needed a lip on the top, a shelf was broken, and a drawer is missing the face). Erich has already fixed the broken shelf and the put a lip on the dresser. We decided to just take out the bottom of the drawer that was missing the face, put it in the slot and leave it open. I'll buy some baskets to go in there to store stuff. We sanded it down last night, and I took the hardware off. Coincidentally, I believe the hardware matches the hutch so I am going to have Erich spray paint them white and put them on the hutch. :) I am going to buy paint tonight and the hardware for it and get to work "restoring" it. My plan is to paint it a creamy white/ivory color and then paint moons and stars all over it.

Overall it was a lazy weekend. I found myself with a ton of energy last night and ended up doing two loads of laundry, clipping coupons, changing the sheets on our bed, and sanding the changing table. I have tons more to do tonight at home which is why being here drives me nuts! At least this is a short week, I will be home on Friday with the electricians. They are coming to change out our fuse box with a circuit breaker. I'm sure that will be a terribly exciting day stuck in a hot house with no air conditioning, no computer, no TV, no nothing. bleh. Maybe I'll get my floors mopped and do dusting, cleaning that doesn't involve electricity. Sounds like a plan, right?

Oh you can see a "before" picture of the changing table here.

I believe that's all for now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I'm hungry again, dangit, I'll go eat something.

No comments: