Monday, August 25, 2003

Well, I had Friday off. The electricians came and ripped a hole in my wall to put in a circuit breaker (that box was bigger than the old fuse box) so that resulted in plaster falling, which made them have to do some drywall repairs. Of course it looked awful, so I had to paint. We went to the store on Saturday and picked up the paint and such and were painting by 1130. The kitchen is now a "butter" yellow as I like to call it and the cabinet doors are a nice minty green. It really is beautiful despite how awful it sounds. I'll post a pic later tonight when I am at home. :)

Saturday evening we took a break to go eat with E's friends in Muncie. Afterwards we all went to a free John Anderson concert (not that Erich and I had ever heard of John Anderson) but it was fun. We came back home and stayed up until 1am working on the kitchen.

Sunday morning we woke early to finish up since E's older brother and wife were coming over for lunch. We actually had all the painting done (wow! it was quite a big room) and only needed to put up cabinet doors. We lunched on steaks and baked potatoes and ice cream sundaes. We had a nice time too. :)

I ended up finishing the changing table. I need to post an after picture of that too. It has all the hardware and such. Now all I need is a changing pad and some baskets. I think I will look tonight at Target for the baskets. yippee.

Ella went to the vet on Friday afternoon, then spent the rest of the evening on the couch. The shots seemed to make her really sleepy. We bought her heartworm medicine and he gave us samples of this pill to give her if she gets fleas. It kills the fleas within a half hour after you give it to her. She didn't have heartworm, but she suffered enough when they drew her blood to do the heartworm test. Apparently, she has veins that roll and it made for a hard stick. She just sank her head into my belly and cryed. It truly broke my heart. She did the same thing when he gave her the shots. They must have stung. :( The vet made the comment that she is very kind and gentle and not very hyper for a weimrainer/jack russell terrier mix. I said I was lucky to have such good dogs like Gracy and Ella. He said it wasn't really the dog, it was the "parents." He said he could tell who trained their dogs to be respectful citizens and who just let the dog run wild. He said cared for dogs in general were a lot better because they were loved, received plenty of attention, and were happy. :) That made my heart swell with joy. It also made me realize that we love this dog way too much.

The vet also talked to me about my pregnancy, how it will effect Ella, and tips on how to get her ready. He thinks she will be a great protector of the baby and that Ella and baby, as long as we nurture the relationship, will have a lifelong love for each other. yay. :)

Usually when I come home from work, Ella is there to greet me and plant a kiss on my hand or cheek to tell me shes happy to have me home. Lately, she also sniffs my belly and occasionally gives it a little kiss. E swears that she knows there is another baby in there, he says she can smell baby. I think it is a bit funny. E's friends dog did that to me the other day too. Weird, huh?

Erich is getting more and more into baby. We are starting to get excited and others are too. I'm feeling almost constant rolling and last night when E had his arm around my belly, he swears that he felt "bubbles popping". When we were at Target yesterday, he bought a bib that says "I Love My Daddy." :) He's just too cute. :)

This is a virtural candle **flame** for Rachel. Here is hoping she has a baby today! ( I'll light a "real" candle for her tonight when I get home from work.)

Okay I must find something else to do.

No comments: