.

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Goodbyes

No don't panic, I'm not going to stop writing. I would have updated yesterday, but I helped a friend type a paper over my lunchtime. Then after work I was feeling a bit bummed and blogger was apparently feeling stupidly slow so I gave up. One of my greatest friends in the world is very very very sick. Apparently they called in his family Friday night thinking that he wouldn't make it to see Saturday morning. He is such a bubbly upbeat person when he isn't sick that seeing him like this and knowing full well that there is a great chance that he could die is practically ripping my heart out. To think that I may never see the bubbly Jeromy that used to want to date me or tease me or hang out, it hurts. He's such a good guy, and hasn't really had time to live his life. He's young, under thirty. He works with me at the hospital but on a different floor. It's hard to get up to see him when he was at work and it makes me mad at myself right now for not going and seeing him more when I really could have. He is in the hospital where we work so at least I'll be able to visit him everyday and check in on him. I had to call my cousin last night who also worked with him years ago, at the same place I met him, to tell him that he is really sick. I figured she should know that before I had to call her and tell her that he died. Maybe he will get better. I'm praying that he is. I lit a candle for him. I feel so helpless. I want him to see my baby. I want him to hold her before he goes. It dawned on me last night that they could be the two passing links in my life. He could die at the time that my baby is born. One person leaves and and another one comes. I'm sorry I can't type anymore.

No comments: