.

Wednesday, March 05, 2003

I spent last night in the Emergency Room. Yesterday I went to work, didn't feel well, but went anyway. By 7:30 my stomach was cramping horribly. I took some medicine and walked around and such. By 12:30 I couldn't bare it anymore. By this time I had vomited and was literally at my wits end. I went to the ER, they gave me a pregnancy test, negative :(, and drew blood. My white blood cell count is 17,000 *very high* and my tummy is tender to touch everywhere. The high white blood cell count means that there is an infection somewhere. After two sticks for an IV, two morphine pushes, some phenegran, xrays, and a ct scan, they don't think it is appendicitis. Not to sure though. :(

Today I had to take the day off of work considering that I was very sick last night and had been in the ER until 5am. I went to my family doctor and she drew more blood. If my tummy doesn't get any better , it is still really tender to touch, then I should go see her again. She is checking to make sure my white blood cells are going down if not she'll do more tests. :( I don't want to have an appendectomy. Working in surgery has just made me even more scared of surgery because the unknown is all known. I have complete faith that they would take care of me and such but it's just scary. I'm afraid that if the pain doesn't go away or if it gets as severe again as it was last night that they will take my appendix just in case. I really don't know what else it could be. The plus side, they gave me some nice drugs to chase the bad pain away. The bad side, my tummy still really aches and I'm really sore and I have to go back to work tomorrow. I'm gonna go play some Sims, hopefully it will make me feel better. ;)

No comments: