.

Monday, March 03, 2003

Sometimes I just feel dumb. Downright stupid. The ladies I sit and eat lunch with at work were talking about the stock market and real estate and mortgages. I'm just now learning about mortgages and for the most part I still leave it up to my husband. Yes, I have the checkbook and I pay the bills and such but we really figure out where the money is going together. I rely on him to know the stuff about mortgages, the stock market, and what's going on in the world. And I hate it sometimes that I am more comfortable just keeping the house going, making sure everything is clean and that everybody has a full belly. Is that wrong? Should I be more "liberated" and "self-empowering" and learn this stuff? With the war stuff, I am such a worrier that "ignorance is really bliss" for me. Now I can debate some stuff. And I can carry on full conversations with you on the pros and cons of abortion, religion, immigration and lots of other colorful things. And I can get really charged up talking about this stuff. Is that enough though? As I said a couple of days ago, I hate feeling stupid and made to look stupid. And lately it has been happening a lot. And to be very honest, it's starting to piss me off!

No comments: