.

Saturday, June 28, 2003

Okay I'm officially nuts. E's mom called to say she saw the u/s picture yada yada yada. Then she said she had been out at rummage sales all morning and that she had bought like a bathtub, a swing, etc etc etc. I think it's great that she is excited and wants to buy us stuff, but I don't want all used stuff. I know that sounds really snobby but this is our first baby. I want new stuff (which the stuff she bought is stuff that people will buy us in showers anyways). I want new stuff now because I know that this won't be our only baby *God willing* and I want it to be nice and new so that it will last a long time. Is that wrong? It's exciting to think of all the new and pretty things. I could probably handle some second hand stuff from people we knew but these are from random strangers. I don't know where it's been and stuff like that. Now I don't mind hand me down clothes if they are stain ridden and so forth just because they are so expensive and are constant recurring needs, ya know? Am I being totally irrational and hormonal?

And on another note, I don't think it's wise to have all the "big" stuff before I get to 12 weeks. It isn't needed yet and I don't want her to jinx me. I don't think that nurseries or registrys or stuff like that need to be done until the late second trimester. My mom brings us small things, little tiny toys or a pair of socks, but mostly just stuff for me like stretchy pants and rasberry lemonade. I just don't want to go overboard. My gut says that this will last and to sit back and relax, I just don't want to do anything to mess it up, ya know?

Okay I've completely lost my mind probably and you all will think that I'm some silly hormonal pregnant woman sitting at the computer crying my eyes out but this is what goes through my mind. You guys seem to be my only friends right now. Most of my friends are finishing up college and my best friend Phoebe is touring the country speaking at bible camps. I miss her. I need a friend.

No comments: