.

Monday, September 22, 2003

Ho-hum

Okay so I'm still here at work. It is extremely boring with NOTHING to do. Sucky. But anyways let me tell you how my Sunday ended up playing out.

As a recap, Sunday I cleaned the upstairs, changed the sheets, took all of the dirty laundry to the basement, vacuumed, and steam cleaned the carpets. Afterwards I came downstairs and made a spaghetti lunch and cleaned up. Well shortly after E and Papa began their naps, the phone rang. Erich's friend wanted to come over with his wife for dinner. Okay that fine. That's when I went into a frenzy. I frantically washed the dishes from the brownies and such. I swept all of the wood floors and the front porch. I ran and cleaned the downstairs batheroom really well and mopped the linoleum and wood floors. I had Erich mop the front porch (that sounds really stupid but it had some stains from a leaky box-- baking soda I believe that needed to be cleaned up). I ran upstairs to take a shower and started cleaning that batheroom (naked no less, doesn't everybody clean their batherooms that way?) After I was dressed I ran and did a check of the upstairs (looked awesome) then ran downstairs, straightened the slip covers on the couch and straightened the pillows. I left Erich fixing up his "stuff" in the yard and ran to the grocery store to buy a few things for dinner. (On a side note, why does every "quick" trip to the grocery store take at least thirty minutes?) I came home and started dinner up. We had enchiladas, spanish rice, and homeade salsa and chips. Then before they got there Erich set the table and I had everything ready to go and all of the "preparation" dishes washed and put away. I had just enough time to sit and watch a little bit of the Charmed marathon on TNT. I was beat and my hips were aching and the little baby was a bit annoyed and kept pushing against the oven, the sink, and I think was generally annoyed that I told her we would take a nap but never got one. We had a nice dinner and they thought the house was nice and I was happy that it was clean. **sigh** I'm to pregnant to be doing this much work though. :)

No comments: